The University of Puerto Rico Fellowship Program in Nuclear Structural Engineering
We are anticipating funding to start a 4-year fellowship program that will support four students to pursue PhD degrees in civil engineering with specialization in the analysis and design of nuclear power plants structures.
- Payment of tuition and other fees for the four years duration of the fellowship.
- Competitive monthly stipend so that you can completely devote to your courses and research.
- A laptop computer will be assigned to facilitate your research and academic duties.
- Economic support to present your research in at least 3 national/international conferences.
- The opportunity to participate in an internship at Brookhaven National Labs (BNL).
Requirements to apply:
- Desire to pursue a career in the nuclear industry.
- US Citizenship or permanent residence (green card).
- Have at the time of application a GPA ≥ 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale) overall and within major.
- Be matriculated or have applied to a graduate degree program in Civil Engineering.
How to apply:
Submit an unofficial transcript and an essay summarizing past research experiences and long term career goals.
Send your documents in pdf format via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fellowship recipients will be selected based on their academic excellence and demonstrated research motivation.
Additional requirements to receive/maintain the fellowship:
- Sign a service agreement to serve six (6) months in nuclear-related employment for each full or partial year of academic support.
- Maintain an academic load of at least 12 credit hours per semester or be classified as a full-time student.
- Maintain a graduate GPA ≥ 3.3 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Active participation in conference and seminars.
For more information, contact:
Luis A. Montejo (email@example.com)
Department of Engineering Science and Materials
University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez