The Office of Academic Counseling is situated in the Department of Civil Engineering and Surveying. Academic Counselors Mrs. Antonia Carrero and Mrs. Sharon Bado, are located in the office CI – 101A. Students are received and attended by order of arrival. Visiting hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and from 1:30 p.m. to 4:00 p. m. We recommend our students to schedule an appointment in advance to minimize waiting time.
- Student guidance about the academic offerings of the department and specialty areas.
- Assisting students in the process of registration of the programs of Civil Engineering and Surveying, and Topography.
- Orientation to students, visitors, and/or family members about admission requirements, readmission, process of registration, transfers, transfers to the department, and permits to study in other institutions of the programs of Civil Engineering and Surveying, and Topography.
- Equivalency processing of students accepted through transfer to the undergraduate program and students who request permission to study in other institutions.
- Academic evaluation of records for students that apply for graduation with one semester in advance.
- Orientation for registration process and criteria of placement (presentation of the orientation for freshman students 2013-2014)
- Orientation of academic regulation 2013-2014
- Orientation of graduate studies 2013-2014
- Sequences of English Department’s Courses
Resources of Professional Counseling
Brochures used in the course UNIV 3005.
- How to manage my time?
- How to prepare a plan of study and use my time better?
- Memorization Techniques
- How to prepare yourself and be successful in exams?
- Taking effective notes
- Value your health and adopt a healthy lifestyle
In this link you can view the services that the University of Puerto Rico offers to students: R.U.M services aimed to students