Mechanical Engineering – School Facts
- The Department currently has an undergraduate student population of about 800 students, 18% of which is female.
- The average number of ME graduates fluctuates between 120 and 140 each year. At the graduate level, about 40 students are actively registered.
- There are 20 tenured and tenure-track faculty members who carry out high quality academic research in the areas of Thermal Sciences, Machine Sciences and Manufacturing, Materials Science, and Bio/Micro-Scale Engineering.
- Research funding stands at $1.5-2 million annually and 10 M.S. students graduate every year.
- A Ph.D. program has been approved and will be starting on January, 2016.