Step by Step
The University of Puerto Rico in all of its campuses accepts new students, every year, for the beginning of the fall semester ONLY. In order to study in the Mechanical Engineering Program at the University of Puerto Rico, Mayaguez you need to follow these steps:
1) Take both College Entrance Examination Board (College Board) tests. (“Aptitud Académica” and “Aprovechamiento Académico”). The university also allows future students to take the SAT. In this case you should also take the following “Subject Tests” in the SAT:
a) English (Literature)
b) Mathematics – Level 1 or Level 2
c) Spanish (Reading)
2) Create an UPR account, in which an username and password will be assigned to you. Afterwards, you need to fill out the online admission’s application. ONCE THE APPLICATION IS SUBMITTED, IT CANNOT BE MODIFIED! (click for Spanish tutorial on how to apply)
3) Pay the non refundable application fee $20.00. BEFORE DECEMBER’S DEADLINE. There is a $30.00 late application fee.
4) Arrange for your school to send an official transcript. Your school’s registrar office should send them no later than January 31st. Make sure it was sent to the Mayaguez Campus by selecting it as your first choice. These transcripts must be sealed, signed and stamped by your school.
Below there is some additional information that should help you along the process.
1) Placement Criteria (Based on the College Board and Advance testing scores)
2) IGS Calculator (See if you meet the numbers!)
3) Important Dates (Be on top of the game)